Tuesday, July 26, 2011

How do i import my hd movies from my vixia to mac?

I have a Canon VIXIA HF 100 and may we call it "Antique" now because the latest VIXIA HF S11, VIXIA HF S10, VIXIA HF S100, VIXIA HF20, VIXIA HF200, VIXIA HG21, VIXIA HG20 have launched one after another. But I'm not ready to get a new one to substitute it because it has brought me very impressed memory.

I remembered one small segment clearly that one day one of my friend brought my camcorder for he is having a baby due any day now, and he want to get all this stuff working before he comes so he can get some footage when they come home from the hospital. Before he brought this he also required me demonstrate him how to import it to Mac because he hope to do some edit on iMovie if the video is ready.

At first, I think it should be easy to import Canon VIXIA to Mac (I usually directly import it to Sony Vegas for editing on Windows) and I do the follows:

1. Locate the four-pin FireWire port on your video camcorder.
2. Once the camcorder is connected, take the other end of the FireWire cable, the larger six pin end, and insert it into the FireWire port of your Mac.
3. Select mode of camcorder such as PC/Computer mode.
4. In a few seconds the Mac should automatically launch iMovie.
But iMovie can't recognize it as Sony Vegas and naturally it won't automatic create thumbnail video for the import movies.

"What's wrong?” my friend seems confused, suddenly I remind that my VIXIA camera is always recording movies in MTS files and when drag it to PC, it should be M2TS. I told my friends and he advice me use a third app to convert M2TS to iMovie friendly formats and we Google a app named AVCHD Converter for Mac, it seems this tiny toolkit is specially designed for Mac users to convert M2TS files to Mac for it also support convert M2TS to FCP, FCE, iDVD etc. However, thanks this software to let my friend smoothly import his value shooting to Mac and create an incomparable family memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment